Deadline: 14 November 2021
Grand Prize: KRW 2.500.000
Despite the prolonged pandemic, ASEAN and Korea have expanded their partnership through Korea’s New Southern Policy (NSP) and NSP Plus Strategy. Korea has contributed to COVID-19 ASEAN Response Fund and has aligned its policies with ASEAN’s major initiatives such as the ASEAN Comprehensive Recovery Framework. The two sides are strengthening their partnership to overcome the economic difficulties caused by COVID-19 and achieve shared prosperity. Furthermore, in commemoration of the 2021 Mekong-ROK Exchange Year, Korea has also been expanding its partnership with the Mekong sub-region.
1. The Role of Youth in Promoting Mutual Understanding between ASEAN and Korea towards a sustainable and future-oriented ASEAN-Korea Partnership.
2. Strengthening ASEAN-Korea Partnership in Overcoming COVID-19 and Building Back Better for Greater Prosperity in the Region.
3. Strengthening ASEAN-Korea Cooperation in Mitigating the Impact of Climate Change and Promoting Sustainable Development in the Mekong Region.
The contest is open to all undergraduate and graduate students with ASEAN or Korean nationality.
1. Submissions must be endorsed by an academic advisor (professor or lecturer).
2. Applicants can submit as an individual or as a team, consisting of up to 2 students, in which all applicants must meet the above criteria to participate.
Learn more about the program here https://www.aseankorea.org/eng/
Credited to @asean_korea_centre