February 2022 II Bangkok, Thailand
Deadline: 23 January 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments, the private sector, and migrants.
The Emergency and Post Crisis (EPC) Unit in the ROAP focuses on ensuring IOM Missions in Asia and the Pacific are prepared to respond to Migration Crisis needs, aid decision-making related to humanitarian affairs, and strengthen partnerships with other organizations within and outside of the humanitarian architecture.
The Internship Programme aims at attracting talented students and graduates who have a specific interest in, or whose studies have covered, areas relevant to IOM programs and activities. Interns must be between 20 and 36 years old and should have less than two years of relevant working experience. The Internship Programme is open to candidates of any nationality.
- Recently graduated with bachelor’s degree, professional qualification, or an equivalent from an accredited academic institution in Political or Social Sciences, Law, International Development, Public Administration, Business Administration, or a related field;
- Able to adapt to an international, multicultural, multilingual environment;
- Advanced English writing and communication skills and able to work in a team;
- Familiarity with computer programs, including MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher);
- Familiarity with data analysis and visualization programs, (e.g. PowerBI, GIS ARC, Stata, SPSS, Knowledge of R, Tableau) will be considered an advantage;
- Familiarity with audio/visual production programs, (e.g. podcasting, vlogging, etc.) and interest to develop products for the team will be considered an advantage;
- Webpage, as well as database development and management, skills an advantage; g)
- Advanced English writing and communication skills.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to ROBangkokHR@iom.int. Please include the reference code ROBKK-CFA 22-004 followed by your full name in the subject line and mention your preferred duration as mentioned above.
Applications should include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Duly completed IOM Personal History Form (can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/);
- 2-3 writing samples, optional (relevant topic of your choice). Applicants will be contacted only if under serious consideration for the internship assignment.
For further information