16-19 May 2021 || Tokyo, Japan
Deadline: 25 November 2021
Violence among young people is a global emergency with impacts on public health, human rights and economic prosperity. An estimated 200,000 10–29 year-olds are victims of homicide each year, accounting for 42% of total victims. This statistic is just one aspect of a broader spectrum of violence committed by and against young people including bullying, sexual assault and serious physical and psychological injury with life-long consequences.
The Peaceful Futures Scholarship has been established to identify and amplify the voices of young leaders who undertake exemplary work to end youth violence and create a peaceful future for their peers and subsequent generations.
Peaceful Futures Scholars will participate in the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, Japan. During the Summit they will hear and be heard by peers from 190+ countries as well as senior political, business and humanitarian leaders.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, Japan which takes place from 16 – 19 May.
- Participation in an exclusive Citizens of our Planet pre and post Summit programme.
- Hotel accommodation in Tokyo from 15 – 19 May.
- Travel to and from Tokyo (economy)
- All meals covered (includes breakfast, lunch and dinner on conference days)
- Transport between Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Permanent membership of the One Young World Ambassador Community
- Aged 18 – 30*
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants must demonstrate positive impact related to tackling youth violence.
Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
Learn more about the scholarship here https://www.oneyoungworld.com/scholarships/peaceful-futures/2022